Sunday, October 10, 2010

sunday......

it was so nice and quiet in hunter st today! coffee at one penny black. movie at the remaining cinema that is still hanging in there...do people remember the old lyrique cinema before it became the showcase? I do and I loved it. cute little ticket box. like in the old days when your ticket was a different colour each session.  the entrance was at the bottom of lovely steps. when it was closed it was a nice place to kiss a boy... I did once anyway. i saw my first projection room at the lyrique and it was there I decided i'd quiet like to be a projectionist. i still love the memories of being in the projection room. the sound of film running through the projector. looking through the glass down into the dark cinema. the dialogue over and over again. i still can remember lines from films many years ago and can sing a little of a song in mandarin from the movie shanghai triad. my daughter likes me to sing it to her. gong li was the beautiful actress from the film. she was in raise the red lantern as well. but im getting distracted....I can't wait to see all the red lanterns up again at this years red lantern night market....

No comments:

Post a Comment